Saturday, October 31, 2009

Out for now...

Today, after much thought about the race for the US Senate, my own family situation, and the current state of the Republican Party, I have decided not to pursue a spot on the February 2010 Primary Ballot. Therefore, I officially declare that I am no longer seeking nomination as the Republican Party Candidate for United States Senator from Illinois.

It should be understood that I still very much think myself qualified for the job and that American Government needs the input of non-career politicians more now than ever before. As of right now there are ten candidates for the seat currently held by Roland Burris; five are Republican, four Democrat, and one Green Party. There is very little chance that my staying in the race would do anything short of split the Republican vote further than it already is. Over the past five months I have learned more about American Government, Politics, and the Constitution than I ever thought I could. Hopefully with all of the people I have had a chance to meet, all the concerns I have heard, and all the miles I have traveled, I have accomplished something.

Those of you who regularly read this blog are aware that I became engaged three weeks ago to a wonderful woman, who even before meeting me, made the decision to become a mother and adopt a child. Many plans are to be made as she and I bring our families together and I intend to use this break in my busy schedule for just that. In addition, I have discussed with my campaign consultant the possibility of running in the general election as an Independent. This may be the best option since I never did curtail my beliefs to the strict norms of either political party and my love of the Constitution and this nation has never been stronger.

For the many well-wishers, family, friends, and supporters who encouraged me on the way, I say thank you. Your impact on my life and my beliefs will never fade. May God bless each and every one of you, and may God bless the United States of America.

Ed Varga

No comments:

Post a Comment